Vertical Focus Probing as a gamechanger in measurement technology
This webinar is all about the optical lateral probing of components. Until now, geometries such as bores and vertical free-forms were hardly measurable optically. The lateral probing of components with vertical surfaces was limited to tactile measuring systems, CT solutions or complex special solutions. This changes with Vertical Focus Probing, which allows optical measurement of components with more than 90°. In the first part of the webinar, we will show you what is possible with Vertical Focus Probing, what limitations there are and, of course, why we can do all this. In the second part, different components from various industries are verified. We will show you which component features can be measured optically with high precision and why tactile systems reach their limits here.
What you can expect in this webinar:
- First, you will see the measurements of individual components of a movement and what different requirements there are in precision manufacturing. In the case of the clockboard and the automatic winding mechanism, the main requirements are dimensional accuracy in terms of distance dimensions, diameter, height steps and GD&T, e.g. position tolerances. By combining the technologies Focus Variation, Vertical Focus Probing and the measuring system µCMM, fast and highly accurate measurements are possible from only one viewing direction without further manipulation of the component.
- In the second application, we not only show you measurements of a connector of the German company TE Connectivity, but also in which manufacturing steps and tools our technologies are used.
- roughness and defect measurements of surface coatings
- GD&T measurements of dies
- punching and embossing punches as well as
- the measurement of inner geometries with more than 90° with Vertical Focus Probing.