Customer Care Engineer (f/m)
A role of Customer Care Engineer exists in the global customer support organization of an optical metrology company. You will be expected to have the technical support experience to take responsibility for the delivery of support to our rapidly expanding customer base. This position is based in Bartlett, IL.
Alicona Customer Care, US operates as part of a global customer care team, the Customer Care Engineer (CCE) is responsible for the provision of a high level of customer service by maintaining regular communications, managing escalations, and meeting customer’s expectations. The CCE will competently represent Alicona to customers in a confident and professional manner and use customer interactions to build the Alicona brand.
The CCE works closely with sales and customers to provide a premium level of applications and service support to our users. The CCE must become a subject matter expert on our product portfolio, customer needs, and contractual obligations. The CCE manages deliveries and focuses on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction for key customers. This position reports to the Customer Care Manager, US.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally, utilizing a CRM system to document actions and item performed, schedule future preventive maintenance needs, and other engineering functions.
- Provide on-site technical service, maintenance, and applications support for all Alicona equipment and perform administrative activities associated with technical work.
- Gain detailed technical knowledge of Alicona systems through formal classroom, online training, and OJT.
- Work effectively as a team member assisting when and where needed. Become knowledgeable about and follow company procedures.
- Participate in industry conferences and trade shows
- Improve the customer experience with Alicona by recognizing their needs and providing solutions that meet and often surpass those needs. Contribute ideas toward process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university with at least a minimum overall GPA of 2.8
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in the service/sales/application engineering field preferred.
- Ability to travel by air and ground up to 75%. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet and maintain a qualified driver’s status. Motor vehicle record will be verified. Personal vehicle required.
- Able to work with power tools and ability to carry tools/parts from vehicle to work site. Able to lift 75 pounds frequently.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Other Language skills may be required
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and customer service/soft skills.
- Knowledge of microscopy, metrology, measuring equipment, cutting tools, and manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Creative, organized, and strong technical solution finding skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and responsible to plan, execute, and document.
- Must be able to complete work responsibilities with little supervision. Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- We do not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Offer of employment with Alicona is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Background check must meet both Alicona and our customer requirements and expectations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Alicona offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
By any interest please contact: alicona.us(at)alicona.com